Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Brandi . . . And a place called Ezakheni!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BRANDI HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Haha

Soooo yes sawubona is a greeting......like hello kinda. So, the language you heard in that movie, (The Forgotten Kingdom)....yep I speak that :) haha But they don't really click in Sesotho so it's not as fun. But it's cool :) I want to watch that movie with you all when I get home to tell you about the places it shows cause it's probably places I've been!   Apparently there are no missionaries in Lesotho right now though!

This week I have been with my same companion in a place called Ezakheni. It's a place with a lot of Zulus, and on the map it's by a place called Mnambiti or in English Ladysmith. It's great! They have a LOT of members here about 130 attend. We had more than that on Sunday. I love Zulus! haha 

My companion and I have just been working with members and less actives.....good people here though! People are already returning :) It's GREAT! And there is a guy that is looking at the church that has read to the book of Mosiah in just 3 weeks! He loves the Book of Mormon :) Yesssss!  Not much more to report this week. This month is Heritage month and its Heritage day on Wednesday :) So I dare all of you to wear cultural stuff and use it as a missionary tool ;) hahaha And just have fun with it!!!! 
I'm living in a nice place but it's cramped with 5 other missionaries....2 bathrooms.....6 missionaries.....doesn't work :P hahaha 
So, I Love you all and have a great week!!!
Love,                                                    
Elder Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment