Monday, August 4, 2014

Opening a New Area in Ulundi!

This is a picture of the Zone in Lesotho with Elder Kevin S. Hamilton and his wife. Elder Hamilton is the Second Counselor in the Africa Southeast Area Presidency.



Soooo I'm getting transferred! I'm leaving my home in Lesotho!!!!! My companion Elder Bonner and I sang Rock of Ages in English and Sesotho, and then transitioned to God Be with you till we Meet Again......in English, Zulu, and Sesotho....Some were tearing up and I was almost as well.....I looked at the faces of the people from the stand as I bore witness of my Savior and I knew them ALL. It was soooo hard to say goodbye and my heart is still there with those that I love. That day I witnessed many miracles with those I love.

I'm about to leave now actually so I don't have much time. I am going to a place called Ulundi. It is in between New Castle and Richards Bay in Kwa- Zulu Natal but don't ask me about it....I have no idea. That area of our mission has never heard the gospel. The former assistant and I have been assigned to open it and start a group.....When asking if there was a branch there....I was told...no, there is nothing. When I asked if a group had been started....I was answered....no, there is nothing.... There are no missionaries within a couple hours I hear so it's just us against the world....Wooohooo. (I got my covered wagon and rations of flour and I'm packing to be a pioneer) haha. It is ZULUS! YAY! :) I will really miss Lesotho.

Well.....that's really it for today I have to go!

I love you all soooooo much. Pray really hard cause I think it's going to be tough........BUT FUN! :) hahaha

Love you!

Ngiyanithanda kakulu umndeni wami!!!!

Thando,

Elder Petrie


No comments:

Post a Comment