Wednesday, August 20, 2014

uLundi Pioneer


Sorry I’m writing so late! It's hard to email here because we drive to town from the farm.
So the Afrikaans family we live with is the Branch President at another branch. We attended that branch for the past two weeks which is about 2 hours away one way. We are working on having a meeting in uLundi this Sunday. Maybe 1-2 hours.  We do have a place to meet. We have also found a place to live,  (by divine intervention), and we will move there soon from the farm so we can live IN our area. It's a township but around it is very rural so you have to stay in the township cause there is nothing else around you haha
It's nice here....similar to Lesotho but hot and Zulus and clean water. It's tough though! Think of being the only members and having no church and just talking to people and trying to get something started.....this is the reason it's the LORDS work.....not ours. I would not be very good at stuff like this without the Lord helping. haha
My companion, Elder Mathebula is a great guy. I really love him. He's my brother! HEY! I got my package and I'm playing all sorts of songs with my penny whistle and eating a ton of sweets haha THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Haha
So while we live on the farm, we help out with some things like  herding cattle into a corral to dip em for fleas. I told the Dad that I was a cowboy for a reason and could handle it haha...So I proved my point when I jumped in and herded them. haha. 
We also wash our bakkie in the river. We live in Zulu land for a reason. These lands were once walked by the mighty chief Shaka Zulu himself.....look him up. ha
Love you all! Sorry I couldn't email all of you right away. I'll work on it if I can! LOVE YOU ALL and a shout out to my bro who just graduated from BYU! Shoots bro!!! That's SWEET!!!!!!!
Ok ok ok BYE!!!!
Love you,
Elder Petrie 
P.S. Wish Brandt a Happy Birthday for me and tell him I'm glad his family got back from Israel ok hahaha CRAZY STORY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment