Sunday, June 8, 2014

Grandpa, One of My Heros!


Yes Elder Allen is in Durban! I miss that guy soooooooooooo much! I can't wait to see him again. He's my brother. HEY!!! BIG NEWS! Swaziland is no longer part of this mission :( It's in Mozambique and the Elders that were there are gone to that mission now!!! What the heck! hahaha That came straight from  the First Presidency I guess.
 So my new companion is a song writer and worked in California with some pretty big name people in the pop business. I love this guy. He and I have been working really hard and we have seen some great things happen. He has been out about 4 and a half months. We also have a new addition to the district that I have worked with before. He is Elder Rajoanarison from Madagascar. My first District Leader. 
So I gave a talk in church yesterday. It was a last minute thing but it was nice; about forgiveness. Forgiveness we receive from Heavenly Father because of our Savior and also the forgiveness we need to give to each other. 
I am able to speak Sesotho and understand it very very well now. It finally clicked. 
So I think most of my time will be given to this story: I remember Grandpa as one of the funniest and hard working men I know. He used to have me ride on the lawn mower and I remember that even until today! He seemed like a super hero as he steered what seemed like a big machine at the time. He was awesome!  I remember (as he had frequent visits) the sense of humor he always brought. He was always a center of strength for me as well with the gospel. He seemed to me as an unshakable example of service and love for the Lord. He also was so musical. He played the harmonica sooooo well. I still think back and wonder how he did that. His Spanish songs were also nice. I remember during those summers when I would look forward to going to the mountains to spend time in Grandpa's cabin in Strawberry! He was such a great man and I love him. I know that when his time is up in this phase of our Fathers plan that he will be a great help in the continuous work of our Father for the rest of his children. He will always keep his somewhat stubborn faith and I'm glad I could rely on it for a time. 
Well, I love you all so very much and I hope you all have a good week! I miss you!!!
Love,
Elder Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment