Monday, April 27, 2015

Thanks for you Fasting and Prayers!

HEY!!! :) Thanks so much for the fasting and prayers! THEY HELPED! Just like the Apostle, President Henry B. Eyring said......How can we help people? Even if we are located far away from people, we are close to God so our fasting and fast offerings REALLY DO HELP. Trust me....they are received and truly help people.
So here we have been inviting people to come to General Conference. There was a nice turn out. A LOT of investigators came on Saturday but the members were few! But on Sunday it was opposite...If we could get them all TOGETHER it would be better haha. So we have been working in our own unique ways. So far this transfer, I have learned a lot about patience.
Now before I discuss the talks I enjoyed most in General Conference let me first just say a few things....We were able to walk up a mountain with a guy we are teaching, and when we arrived we prayed together. It was nice. I was able to take some time for myself and just enjoy the peace of it and say a private prayer...really speak with our Heavenly Father. WOW! What a difference neh?  
So as alluded to above, we were finally able to sit down and enjoy the talks from General Conference! I enjoyed the talk about Grace and works and about the Parable of the Sower and the roots we require and especially about being amongst the thorns...The main idea of the whole conference to me was to trust God and NOT get DISTRACTED....or deceived. Hey so the talk I loved the most was Elder Brent H. Nielson.....( https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/is-it-still-wonderful-to-you?lang=eng&media=video#watch=video)  We need to LOVE and to WATCH and to WAIT. LOVE though, is as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland has said our WATCH WORD. That's what I loved a lot. (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/where-justice-love-and-mercy-meet?lang=eng )
So as of this week and the work, it's going well and we have a big meeting tonight just like Brigham Young. :) LOVE YOU!!!
Love,

Elder Petrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment