Monday, February 10, 2014

"...till the purposes of God shall be accomplished...”



I'm soooooo happy for all the good that is happening back home. Thank you for that quote from the prophet...I don't know why but I just felt such a comforting spirit as I read it...Wow. Thanks mom. “No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” I guess I have felt like I have been going through a bit of a hard time. The extra work we have been engaged in is helping me understand my physical and spiritual limits. I keep pushing though and will continue to throughout my life.

I have been really pondering this week. Not thinking but pondering. I have been reading about the Plan of Salvation and it has really hit me about the welfare of my soul. I feel as the boy prophet Joseph did when he had that question that helped bring about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has hit me that I feel the need to always know where I stand with God. This has become very important to me now. I feel that I want Him to be with me in every action I take, every word I say. I always think back to where I hope to go one day and who I hope to live with. I hope to live with my eternal family and my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ, more than I have ever before. My eternal family (now and my someday family), including those that are getting sealed for time and all eternity in just a few days. My love goes out to you in this special time in eternity for you.

I love you all and know I really really pray for you all and I exhort you to continue on in the faith that we may all have this blessing of eternal life someday and we can live it together! I love you all. Ngiyanithanda. eSebenzo kaNkhulunkhlulu ngizoqobeka!!! The work of the Lord will continue!!!!
Love always and eternally,
Elder Petrie
P.S. Ma...the center of strength Idea was a reminder the Lord gave me from my patriarchal blessing. I didn't know it was in there until after we started setting them up. Yes, the Lord gave me that idea.

(This is from Elder Luddington. He served 6 weeks with Elder Petrie before he returned home from South Africa and I wrote him and ask him to interpret the Zulu and this is what he said.)
 Hey!!! It’s great to hear from you!!! I LOVE your son and just have to say he was such a riot to serve with and a great missionary, I got to spend 6 weeks with him and they were my favorite by far! PLUS his Zulu was so good by the time I was leaving he’ll be completely fluent by the time he gets home!! Ok so he said ngiya (I am) ni (referencing multiple people) thanda (love) haha so he said "I love you all" and then esebenza (working) ka (for or of) nkhulunkhulu (God) ngizo (I will) qobeka (continue) haha so he said I love you guys, I’m working for God and I’ll continue!!! Haha fun!!! He’s getting good!!! I hope he’s still doing well; 'Peach' (as he’s affectionately known) is one of my top favorites!! Tell him I love him when you get the chance and if he ever sends you Zulu you know where to come:) thanks for the email haha its so fun to hear Zulu!! Well time is flying and pretty soon you’re going to have an awesome RM to welcome home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment