Monday, November 25, 2013

Tranferred to Umlazi!



I'm glad you liked the pictures. :)
So there is a lot to tell so I'll just get down to it. I am leaving Mpumalanga. I am being transferred. I got the news Saturday night and it was a surprise because everyone thought I would stay another transfer but I guess my time is up here. I was very blessed in this area to see people come back to church and to see many accept the challenge to follow Jesus Christ, our Savior, and be baptized, but I just won't be able to see them actually BE baptized :( I love these people sooooo much and it hurts to think I have to leave them now. I will leave my companion Elder Whiting after this one transfer. It is a shame because Elder Whiting and I got along to well and we were having heaps of success. But all good things come to an end....And then more begin :)
I am going to a place called Umlazi!! It is one of the biggest townships in South Africa...if you don't know what a township is look it up. Haha. :) It is about 1 million people I think and they all speak..........ZULU!!! Yay I will continue to speak Zulu :)
My heart is full. It is an extremely bittersweet experience and a lot of people were sad with me but they recovered quickly because they won't really miss me. ;) Haha. It's been pretty cool here. We had stake conference and there was a story told that I liked a lot. “A man was driving very fast in his jaguar that he just bought and while he was cruising a brick hit the side of his car. When this happened he slammed on the brakes and backed up and got out. He grabbed the closest boy he could find and yelled at him for doing such damage to his nice car and was telling him how much the repairs will cost and then when he asked the boy if he had anything to say the boy began to cry and say I'm sorry for hitting your car!! I just needed some help because my brother has fallen out of his wheelchair and he is too heavy for me to pick up. You were driving so fast that the brick was the only way I could get your attention. Please help my brother he said. The man choked back his tears and helped the boy and put his brother back in his wheelchair. He took his handkerchief and dabbed the wounds and scrapes of the brother and the boy said thank you sooooo much and wheeled his brother up the street. The man never got that noticeable dent fixed so that he could always remember not to go too fast in life that you have to get hit by a brick to stop. “Clever story eh? I got hit by a brick when I was told that I was leaving. Soooo I'm glad I never took this place for granted :) I love these people gosh.... Well I love you all soooooooo much!!! :)
Love you!!
Your missionary,
Elder Petrie
P.S. I love you all back home sooooooo much :)
P.S.S. Hey! I learned a hymn the other day and I am continuing to learn the hymns on the piano so I can play for church. If they have a piano....haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment