Monday, November 24, 2014

A Special Broadcast to Africa and Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy belated birthday to one of my best friends and buddies....my DAD! :)  Well then let me just say HAPPY THANKSGIVING too!!
Yes I got the “thankful fork” and the reason it was so deadly is it made elders tear up as they mentioned about home and the gospel and freedom we have....Yea...the fork was deadly ha. But as I sat at Thanksgiving....I wondered how special of an opportunity I had. We had people from England, America, and all over Africa......Lucky us neh? Mama Herrington is sort of a ma away from home. It's nice. As well as her husband...He....is a good man.
Hey I'm GLAD to hear that Brandi is feeling okay after her accident, but as well, I am sad to hear about the hardships the Plotz family is going through. I wish that they could know I'm thinking and praying for them and wish I could be there to tell them in person.
SOOOOOOOO, this week some fun things happened....haha so they do checks on the road here in RSA and they checked our car so they pulled us over and asked to see my license...Now they were confused because it was a foreign license. I started to explain that you can have this license in this country and legally drive. I started talking to the men in Zulu..... They finally called their office and after a long while they told us we could go. haha I just said thanks and sorry for the inconvenience and left. Haha
 But anyways...the week was nice. We also had Elder Gay, 1st councilor of Primary, Elder Bednar, and President Utchdorf talk to us in a special broadcast to Africa...they talked to us about Ebola and how God is very aware of it. Also they discussed how we need to leave our many traditions that lead us away from God while keeping the ones that follow the gospel. THEY also said no more Lebola (or brideprice) Halleluiah....the problem is the fathers weren't in big attendance...haha Well, I'm grateful they finally said it.
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! Love,
Elder W. Clay Petrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment